Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"Why did my protected computer get crippled?  I've got antivirus software installed!"


Its about permission- in this case, omission-  when we ignore doing what is important to care for our computers.

In this case, it is important not to ignore properly setting our security software for best protection on our computers.

You see, Internet security and antivirus software are not set for best protection when first installed on your computer- rather they are installed at low “factory default” settings.
  • Typically, some important security settings are set too low
  • Others may be turned off entirely
  • And others may be set to, "Ask me"; if we give the wrong response when asked, we may accidentally permit an infection to come on to our computers.
"Nothing told me I had to set my software!  I'm sure it installed correctly.  How am I supposed to know how to set it?"

It is important to read your manual first.

Next time we'll talk about how to find your manual.  We'll also explain why security software does the right thing by not coming pre-configured out of the box.

Until then, why not stop at our website and download one of our brochures on proactive computing?  You can find them at http://www.kandicomp.com/Home/brochures.html .  Keep checking back, more are on the way.

Remember, KandiComp can help you experience sweet computing!  Call us for more information at (320)235-2701.

No comments:

Post a Comment